Life news this week:
- Saturday I spent most of the day preparing my comic sketches to go to Drink and Draw and writing up my blog stuff. Then that evening I went to the event. It was very busy there because there was an art show going on at the same time! Victor and I sat at a table together and drew. I did my comics and a fan art sketch and got to eat my favorite sandwich. It was a good night!
- Sunday I got to return to my outdoor table dilly-dallying. I had two cups of coffee outside and answered all my outstanding mail from OKCupid. I also struggled with my computer to get it to let me use Word and gave up. I played DDR, showered, did laundry and dishes, talked to Meghan, did karaoke, and made a cartoon wedding cake out of waffles.
- Monday involved another lovely letter for the Department. We got it done and it looked fine! I was supposed to see Mom after work but she cancelled. I talked to a new friend named Steve on the phone and we got to have a really good first chat. While I was on the phone I found out I won the auction I didn't want to win on eBay, so now I have two of the same rare comic. Damn. I drew a silly cartoon drawing based on a "weird screenshot" as assigned in a challenge I was doing on a website. I fell asleep early after posting it.
- Tuesday I didn't go to work because I had an appointment with water treatment technicians for my water system. Before they arrived I met Mom to help her with some docs she didn't understand and we had a small breakfast, and then I had to run back for the techs. They flushed a bunch of rusty-looking water out of my tank and replaced a part that was acting weird. Then I saw my dad and Connie for an early dinner. We munched great Italian food at Gino's and caught up a little before they went home to their doggies. Fell asleep super early again.
- Wednesday I had to do a bunch of prep and organization at work. After the work day, Jeaux picked me up and we ate at Cici's Pizza, shopped at Target and Winn-Dixie, and watched the second episode of a show called Miracle Workers? I also tried to do some work for my mom's insurance but she wasn't answering my texts so I couldn't finish. I framed a poster and don't know where to put it yet!
- Thursday was my brother-in-law's birthday--he received my present, a flashlight pen set. :) I was pretty busy at the office and we found out we won a contract (only as a subconsultant, but that's great!) and I'm going to be personally very busy with data entry for it when the contract start. Woo! I also was very busy preparing for a County proposal with one of my colleagues. My co-worker took me home after work but I went right back out on my bike because I got a notification saying my rare comic had arrived but I had to sign for it. But it wasn't actually at the post office even though the notice said it would be after 4:30 (and I was there after 4:30). I was instructed to get it the next morning and I was bummed. I got 8 out of 10 drawings done for my comic.
- Friday I woke up early, finished the drawings, took a shower, and walked to the post office. I was finally able to pick up my comic (after they said it wasn't there again!) but I was late to work sadly. I spent the day on a bunch of different jobs dealing with small tasks. After work I met with Victor and we ate Mexican food and made a cake but it didn't come out very much like I wanted. I also got to eat starfruit for the first time.
- Kend gave it a five-star review on Goodreads, saying they want more on other identities but found this to be an important resource with the right mixture of references and intended audience to make an impact.
My diet progress:
- Lost yet another half pound, so it looks like this is gonna remain pretty slow. Down to 115.
- Finished this week: I didn't finish anything this week; Mythology is gonna be a chonker to get through.
- Currently reading: Mythology by Edith Hamilton.
This week's karaoke song is "Everytime You Go Away" by Paul Young.
|Obsidian smells the flowers!|
|Goofy Sugilite from a goofy screenshot assigned to me in a challenge contest|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0719: "Other New Child."
|Victor captured me at Drink and Draw eating|
|Ruby and Sapphire's wedding cake (it's waffles and popcorn, get over it)|
|Steven Universe pilot poster--where should I put it?|
YouTube subscribers: 5,240 for swankivy (6 new), 674 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 965 for swankivy (5 new), 1,347 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 648 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 145 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,513 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 171 (1 new).