Life news this week:
- Saturday Victor and I hung out for a while in the morning and my pest control guy came. (Exciting eh?) After Victor left I noodled around with my websites. Did a bunch of stuff trying to get my new doodles website to behave but it would not. Also drew a Pearl sitting on Amethyst and fell asleep on the floor.
- Sunday the day went by really slowly for some reason! Ate strawberry bread and a potato, and accidentally set off the smoke alarms in my house cooking mushrooms with too much smoke. Did laundry, made a photo gallery, and made a video.
- Monday I had to spend the whole day beating up on letters to submit. Monday is a big submission day in my industry. Had a really horrible headache all day for some reason. Took a nap after eating too much, and then played with photos some more and processed my YouTube video.
- Tuesday I had to stay late at work because I was trying to help my co-worker with roll plots. When I did get home, I took a nap and then I actually submitted a short story to a magazine for the first time in ages! Felt good.
- Wednesday I helped Doug with plots but we ultimately failed. I made a hat out of one of the failed plots. A co-worker said I looked like a mascot so I made a cartoon drawing of me as a mascot of the office and my co-worker made a copy of it and said he was going to show it to everyone. (LOL.) Jeaux took me to Best NY Pizza and Whole Foods. Then we listened to Night Vale and Within the Wires. I got a little drawing done.
- Thursday I summarized the official Steven Universe podcast early in the morning, as I'm doing regularly these days, and as usual it made the rounds pretty solidly after the host of it reblogged me. (This week's was about Connie.) I went to work and dealt with some foolishness, and then when I went home Mom came over and helped me hang curtains but we only got one set hung. Then I talked to Victor on the phone and finished my drawings.
- Friday I got up early to post my webcomic, then went to work and worked. Whee. Came home and got ready for Drink and Draw, which was on a Friday instead of the usual Saturday this month. I drew my writing webcomic and got started on a piece of fanart. Got to see my friends! Yes! Came home and kinda passed out.
- Finished this week: A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
This week's song was "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" by Whitney Houston.
|"Amethyst, turn into a chair. I need to sit down."|
|Me as a mascot, doodled at work.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0667: "Progress."
Letters to an Asexual #55 is here and it is about why mocking asexuality and misrepresenting it is not funny and can damage individuals and community.
|Perfect sandwich at Drink and Draw.|
|Wearing a hat I made out of a failed plot.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,273 for swankivy (lost 1), 659 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 912 for swankivy (2 new), 1,321 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 295 friends (lost 2--I unfriended someone and I guess someone else unfriended me) and 201 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 659 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,498 (lost 8). Instagram followers: 135 (no change).