- Saturday I had a pretty chill day, with some housework and some ukulele practice and a little video-making session.
Sarah and David came over and we all went to breakfast at Keke's, and
then they took me to Barnes and Noble to spend my late birthday gift (a
gift certificate!). I went in there like "oh I'm not looking for
anything in particular" and left with six new books. :/ After they left,
I did my music recordings and then my mom took me shopping and I helped
her with her tax things and we ate rice together.
I wrote my first Pitch Wars Mentee a feedback letter about his latest
book. After I got home I went right back out to buy cosplay clothes at
Target (moderately successful), and then when I got home Jeaux invited
me out for impromptu quesadillas so I did that too. I was really tired
upon returning home so I conked out early.
- Tuesday I
sent a plant to a co-worker who's in the hospital, went home, and
finished my Ruby doodle which turned out pretty cute but had
uncomplicated lighting. Also did a little laundry since I didn't get any
- Wednesday I had some intense work on a
package delivery for the office, and then rode the bus home through some
scary rain that mysteriously wasn't targeting my destination. Jeaux and
I got our bikes and ate at Glory Days. Kind of wasn't a great
experience though. We also listened to Night Vale and I fell asleep after he left.
I wrote a letter to Corinne and played with my Access database at work.
I barely escaped a bout of rain that chased me home and started falling
about three minutes after I walked in the door. Wow! I ate eggs and
mushrooms and talked to Victor on the phone.
- Friday a cartoon event called "StevenBomb 6" began--it's premiering on television next week, but if you had the network's app on your phone, you could watch all the episodes early. Yikes! Jeaux and I made plans to watch it together which meant I had to survive in the world for my entire workday knowing they were out there and I hadn't seen them. Horrible huh? I know, the torture I endure. After helping my work team with a PowerPoint presentation they ended up not even really being able to give, I left on the bus and met Jeaux at his house. He made me fake chicken nuggets and bought french fries, and we hung out and watched a bunch of new cartoons and and we were very happy. I went home and posted my webcomic and that's all.
- Finished this week: Nothing this week!
- Currently reading: The Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Krugman.
This week I performed "It's Over, Isn't It" by Rebecca Sugar (from Steven Universe). I've played this on ukulele before but now this is just a piano karaoke version, and I could concentrate on the singing more!
|Steven and Ruby have burned themselves out.|
(I'm sure Ruby's wife is somewhere nearby chillin'.)
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0625: "Quiet."
My latest writing video is about chasing the dream. It's not necessary to put a time limit on success or measure it by ability to live off your art.
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Dear Old Dad" from Steven Universe. Sorry, it's awkward because it's a duet between a teenage boy and his dad and I am neither a teenage boy nor a dad.
|My Steven Universe shirt collection is big.|
|Jeaux cooked fake chicken nuggets and got fries for our cartoon marathon.|
|Some items I've gotten for my Stevonnie cosplay, which I'll do in August.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,309 for swankivy (2 new), 637 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 861 for swankivy (3 new), 1,330 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 292 friends (1 new, friends with Michael) and 206 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,480 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 112 (lost 1).