- Saturday was Drink and Draw. I did my necessaries before the event
and Eric picked me up. It was a good time, and I got to meet a new
person and drew some webcomics and character art. We had to leave early
because Eric had a big job to do at his work, and then I went home and
redecorated my apartment for Halloween.
- Sunday I made a
few videos--one for my writing channel, one with ukulele playing, and
one for karaoke. I had to work around people being extremely loud
outside with music and partying. Really frustrating. I practiced ukulele
- Monday I started posting some links for Asexual
Awareness Week on my author Facebook and doing some minimal posts about
it here and there. I spent a bunch of time on a blog post nobody read,
and read a comic book, tried on my Halloween costume, and took inventory
so I could make a shopping list for my big Halloween party.
was my Day Of Not Being Able To Get A Hold Of People. I made something
like twenty phone calls that weren't answered. (Thirteen of them were my
apartment complex though. I was trying to get on the list for pest
control. Finally got through.) I had to clean out stuff in my kitchen
and made some molasses-ginger animal cookies.
- Wednesday I
met Jeaux and did some preliminary shopping, and we hung out at my
place. After he left I made pumpkin pie and did dishes and drew some
- Thursday my mom took me to Bonefish Grill for
dinner and took me grocery shopping. I baked a pumpkin roll while on the
phone with Victor and finished my webcomic.
- Friday I didn't go to work because I'd asked for the day off so I could save my mental health while preparing for my party. I spent the day baking and rearranging my living room for people to fit in it. I baked cookies, two kinds of muffins, and a new kind of vegan brownies. And I even had time to mess around on the Internet. Hooray.
New reviews of my book:
- Emily W gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Baylee gave it a four-star review on Goodreads (in Italian).
- Alexis gave it a review without a rating on Goodreads.
- The Twitter account Arrows & Aces GMU honored me with this nice LGBTQ History Month graphic.
- Frannie Sprouls on Instagram wrote something nice about my book.
- My book was recommended for someone with a non-accepting family on an AVEN thread.
- Lauren Sparks reflects on being a demi-heteroromantic grey-asexual person with depression and mentions some perspectives partially supported by a conversation with me.
- Finished this week: Invader Zim: Volume 2 by Jhonen Vasquez. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson.
This week's performance was "The Sound of White" by Missy Higgins.
I did one character sketch of Pearl with her spear at Drink and Draw this week.
|First time trying to draw that thing.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0598: "A Different Secret."
First, a very special unlisted ukulele video: I played "We Are the Crystal Gems," which was a hard song to learn because of all the new chords and key change. It's the Steven Universe theme song! I illustrated it with some visuals to help people figure out what the heck I'm talking about. Also I threw in some experimental strumming styles. So it's maybe kinda messy, but a LOT of fun.
And I also did a writing video on my writing channel. It's called On Writing Characters from Different Religious Backgrounds.
|Playing ukulele in my Cookie Cat dress!|
|These are some pretty awesome figures.|
|My ace flag hair bow for Asexual Awareness Week!|
|Eric making a masterpiece.|
|I'm drawing cartoons.|
|Joy in her Rose Quartz shirt looking lovely.|
|Joy and me at the Thai Temple.|
|Me by the river.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,342 for swankivy (6 new), 604 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 853 for swankivy (6 new), 1,314 for JulieSondra (10 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 645 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,484 (17 new). Instagram followers: 87 (no change).