- Saturday was uneventful--did some treadmill reading, blogging, tidying up, and very slight maintenance on Internet stuff.
I had my friends Ben and Jodi over. I had not seen them since 2002!
They were in town for a wedding and decided to hang out at my house. We
ordered pizza and spent 90% of the time talking about Steven Universe
and musicals. We also watched an episode of the cartoon Jodi hadn't
seen yet, at Ben's suggestion. (She's almost caught up.) They liked my
toys. After they left I worked on my big video project.
I went to work early. I had to work on a letter for the DOT, and we got
that done, plus some other stuff. Cute new shorts came out for Steven Universe--five of them!
I also cooked some tofu and mushrooms early in the morning, but it was
probably not good anymore because I got sick and almost didn't go to
work the next day.
- Tuesday I still went to work even
though I felt bad, because there was a lot of stuff I needed to get
done, but I left early. Mom came over in the evening and made me some
shribble soup, and she did my grocery shopping for me. It was pretty
nice. :) She fell asleep on my couch and when I woke up in the morning
she had left.
- Wednesday was more work things and Jeaux
Day. We ate at IHOP and watched the cartoon shorts at my house, and
mostly just hung out not doing anything.
- Thursday I
bought stuff for my Halloween costume, did some office work, and worked
on my video at home. Also talked to Victor on the phone while drawing.
- Friday was a low-key day at work and I also got to enjoy some Internet clips taken at the New York Comic Con where there was a SU panel. At home I finished my comic and did nothing astounding.
New reviews of my book:
- Just one one-star review on Audible where the reviewer--who has only ever reviewed one book, mine--opines that it is "garbage." LOL
- Tumblr blogger sergeanttomycaptain quoted my book in a post, with some glowing tags.
- Finished this week: Avatar: The Search, Volume 2 by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
This week's performance was a pretty weird choice for me: "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0595: "Just a Flash."
I didn't really make any "real" videos this week, but here's me messing around on the ukulele trying to sing "Come to My Window" by Melissa Etheridge. It's not very good so it's not public on my channel, but you guys can watch it.
|We had to take a group photo at the office, so this is our work group.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,345 for swankivy (lost 2), 601 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 840 for swankivy (2 new), 1,306 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change, but I friended Jodi and Victor's ex [temporarily?] unfriended everyone they had in common, so that makes it even) and 200 followers (lost 1, probably Victor's ex) for swankivy, 643 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,467 (1 new). Instagram followers: 86 (lost 1).