- Finished up some preparations for my Minnesota trip--got my
presentation polished and timed it to make sure it wasn't too long. It's
not. Huzzah. I will be delivering the talk on Monday next week! In
Minnesota, where I have never been and where it will get into the 30s at
- My Drunk Monkeys article that was published a while back got reprinted in Everyday Feminism this week, which is kind of a big deal.
made a short video with some updates, but it's not like one of my
"real" videos. Just to update my subscribers on my awards and
appearances, and to tell them about the new channel I'm participating
- I pre-read my friend J.C. Fann's book this week to
clean up any last typos and glitches, and presumably it will be
published later this month.
- I was a giant dork and bought the Steven Universe game Attack the Light.
Because it looked super cute. And then I beat the game within a few
days, so that was fun. It's a mobile game so I played it on my phone.
friend Sarah called me for the first time in a long time which was
cool. We caught up and are planning to try to hang out sometime in May.
- Jeaux Day was Panera and sitting around being geeks. We watched the last four episodes of the first season of Gravity Falls and I like it but don't love it. We talked about cartoons a lot. Because we are nerds.
- Five-star review on Amazon from Steven.
- Asexual, Aromantic, Partnerless, Child-Free... And (Yes!) Happy: Everyday Feminism's reprint of my article. (They retitled it.)
- Minding Therapy did a nice little spotlight on asexuality and included a lot of commentary on my work.
- The Asexual Agenda mentioned me on their linkspam. It's for the Everyday Feminism article.
- Completed reading: A Kingdom Apart by J.C. Fann. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Anastasia at Your Service by Lois Lowry.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0517: "The Harmony."
Nothing of note this week, but Tia got the photos to me from last week's get-together and I thought this one of me and Victor was cute:
Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,475 for swankivy (8 new this week), 447 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 633 for swankivy (4 new), 871 for JulieSondra (22 new--because Everyday Feminism tweeted my article). Facebook: 278 friends (1 new, added Madison) and 158 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 538 likes for JulieSondra (13 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 102 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 1,897 (19 new).