First, my agent Michelle Johnson has generally given several interviews discussing what she likes and what she looks for. Upon starting her new agency, Inklings Literary, earlier this year, Michelle was interviewed in Writer's Digest, and has the following perspectives available for writers:
- Writer's Digest's interview with Michelle: You can learn all about what she's like and what she wants to see in her inbox.
- Blogger S.K. Whiteside's interview with Michelle: Some Q&A about how to shop for an agent and what Michelle looks for when considering clients.
- Blogger Amy's interview with Michelle at Chasing the Crazies: A "First Five Frenzy" Q&A with Michelle answering questions about novel openings and how (and how not) to hook a reader (and an agent!).
- YA Bookcase's interview with Michelle: The Questions You DIDN'T Ask! (A lot of advice that's not often covered in interviews!)
- Michelle's "About Us" agency page will tell you more about how to query her and what she represents.
- Michelle's blog features her personal Internet rambles. You can also follow her on Twitter, like her on Facebook, check her out on Pinterest, and link up with her on LinkedIn.
- Writer's Digest's interview with Andrea: See what she's seeking and her perspective on having a diverse client list.
- Krista Van Dolzer's interview with Andrea: On her blog Mother. Write. (Repeat.), Krista goes over Andrea's agenting philosophy and discusses what she's looking for.
- Amy Newman's interview with Andrea: She discusses what might make her reject a book immediately and how to approach her.
- Blogger Amy's interview with Andrea at Chasing the Crazies: First Five Frenzy Q&A!
- Andrea's site has news and client deals available. You can also follow her on Twitter, like her on Facebook, check her out on Publishers Marketplace, and link up with her on LinkedIn.