Saturday, August 22, 2026

Personal Digest Saturday - August 15 – August 21

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I did my exercise and morning routine stuff early so I could be free to hang out with Jeaux and play a video game. This is the second time he's brought his system over for us to play Split Fiction. I did better this time but I still was probably pretty frustrating for a seasoned gamer to play with, and the game is collaborative, so I have to hold up my end at bare-minimum levels at least. We got pizza too. And as he was leaving we found a tiny snake in the house. Only my second time finding a baby ringneck! After he left I did my blogging, walking, and Poloing. Didn't get to work on my short story.

  • Sunday I did my laundry early and sent a Polo to Meg, and got my trash taken care of. I read some of the book I'm in the middle of. And I spent most of the rest of the day just writing a big chunk of my new story "The Wagon."

  • Monday I had a letter due and project research to do at work. I ordered some more of the collector balls from Five Below and still didn't get my coveted figure. Meg sent me a longish Polo to listen to. Did my workout and it was a tough new one but at least the workout lady had a cute dog that kept wandering into the shot. Then I finally got to work on "The Wagon" and finished it. And I even had time to do a first edit to try to cut the word count down since, as per usual, the word count is too high.

  • Tuesday at work involved a meeting and some utility stuff and some proposal stuff. Other than that, all I did was hack the word count down on my new story. Also sent a Polo to Meg and got my walking, reading, and unsuccessful collector-ball ordering done.

  • Wednesday I had a meeting and utilities to deal with and an internal meeting for proposal planning. I finally got my word count down below the 10,000-word cap (comically hitting 9,999). But there's work to do yet. Did some dishes and ordered more balls and was unsuccessful AGAIN. I played DDR and submitted a query. Then Jeaux came. We ate at a new place called Beijing House. I had some lo mein with broccoli. Jeaux and I told each other silly stories and finally finished watching Secrets of the Silent Witch. After he left I put in a voice-over audition and slept.

  • Thursday was uneventful at the office. I developed a proposal for a publisher for one of my novellas and sent it in. And I wrote the storyboard for my comic. Meg and Jeaux independently went to Five Below stores looking for the figure I can't find! Meg was only able to get one and it wasn't the one I need. Jeaux went to a Five Below store and found like 17 of them, and STILL NONE OF THEM WAS WHAT I NEED. Ugh! Beginning to think it doesn't exist, except that I've seen pictures of other people getting it in unboxings. Played games with the friends and drew a little. Didn't get much done besides walking after getting off games.

  • Friday I had computer issues for the first hour of my work day. I barely made it back online in time for a meeting. I went to the meeting and did some reports and timesheet stuff. Then after work I did my comic, played DDR, listened to a Polo from Ben and sent one to him, did some editing, and finally cleaned out my inbox. (I had a bunch of mostly receipts from ordering Five Below balls, and bills. No correspondence.)
Health Plan Update:

  • Nutrition stuff: I got my three servings of fruits and veggies every day this week except one--I fell asleep early and didn't have fruit for my evening snack, so I suck. I again focused on meeting my protein goals and managed to do it 5 days out of 7! (One of those was of course the restaurant day) Good job me! I am still taking my vitamins.

  • Activity stuff: I'm continuing to do DDR or aerobics every other day. I made my 10,000-step walking goal every day this week. Based on my phone's app, my low day was Tuesday at 10,206 steps, and my high day was Friday at 11,819 steps.
Books Read: 
  • Finished Reading: None this week.

  • Currently Reading: The Reckoning of Roku by Randy Ribay. I'm on page 338.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "The Breakup Song" by the Greg Kihn Band.


    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:

       


    Videos Made: 

    None.

    New photos:

    My brown sugar espresso latte at Beijing House



    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,457 for swankivy (2 new), 674 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 214 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 67 for Tides of Time Band (no change) 10 for Vinyl Impact Band (no change). Twitter followers: 736 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,327 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 284 friends for swankivy (no change), 623 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 79 followers for Negative One (no change), 242 followers for So You Write (no change), 99 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,408 (no change). Instagram followers: 322 (2 new). Threads followers: 90 (no change). Bluesky Social. Bluesky followers: 482 (6 new).




    No comments:

    Post a Comment