Saturday, June 13, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: June 6 – June 12

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got slowed down a lot by a sinus headache. I still did everything I planned to do. Just not with much efficiency or comfort. I took some medicine and was in decent shape to do one of my ace interviews--this time with a Polish asexual person named Marta. Afterwards, I did my blogging and had a really ridiculous argument with someone else on a friend's Facebook post. (I didn't know the guy, but two of his friends unfriended him over what he said to me!) Had a chat with Jeaux and felt better.
  • Sunday I slept late and procrastinated a little but I got a bunch of my usual Sunday chores done. And did maintenance on my water system. I processed the second ace interview that I'd recorded with Ruby last month and tried to get that up and running, but still had subtitles to finish. And I looked at a lot of news online.
  • Monday I had to spend some time on forms for proposals, and for a short time I went into the office with my boss to assemble a proposal. It was a bit of a hectic day but we got everything knocked out. After work I got Ruby's video and also conducted my latest ace interview with an asexual person named yaelaed. Great interview and really fun--they were wearing a Steven Universe shirt and so was I, so that's awesome. It went pretty late and I was tired so I went to bed after that.
  • Tuesday I had to work on a proposal for the City of Ocala and it was super frustrating because their website didn't like me. But we got it worked out. I chatted to my coworker Karen on the phone and worked on the video for our podcast for "Steven's Lion." And I got to read some awesome books my nephew wrote! (Yes, he is six and writing books.) I received and reviewed the latest Steven Universe trade paperback of comics 25 through 28. Also, some more online drama (arguing with an acquaintance about a crappy meme he posted) and I got invited to receive a free copy of an unreleased Steven Universe game which I get to play test! NEAT! I accepted of course. It's so cool that they picked ME!
  • Wednesday was an okay work day. I was busy with meetings so I didn't get to go out and talk to the lawn maintenance person like I usually do. I did forms for an Osceola County proposal all day and afterwards Jeaux came by to take me to grocery shopping. We watched the season finale of What We Do in the Shadows (excellent!!) and talked about transphobia. Also, Jeaux bought me a cloth face mask with a Steven Universe print on it! Now I can be safe in style.
  • Thursday I worked on a proposal for DeSoto County. After work I downloaded a screen sharing program with Victor and he and I watched a movie together from his computer. (The movie was Rock of Ages.) We talked and I did some drawings after. I finally got my editing done for the "Steven's Lion" episode of Not-So-Giant Women.
  • Friday I had kind of a slow day at work--stuff kept getting in the way of finishing what I was doing, but I got there. I have to go to the office on Monday to assemble the proposal. I got the Lion episode to go live and listened to another podcast that discussed the weirdness of Black Republicans. Got my webcomic finished and posted, and worked on some podcast preparation for tomorrow.

Food Plan Update:
  • I wasn't a complete animal about my gobbling behaviors this week, and finally got the courage to check the scale. It hasn't gone up or down. Which makes me feel weird about the effect my actual behavior is having. But I am still looking to make some better choices and expecting to have something more concrete to say here soon!
Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: Our Fearful Trip by Rebecca Sugar, Terry Blas, and Gabriele Bagnoli. Four-star review.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "A Sorta Fairytale" by Tori Amos.




    Stuff Drawn:





    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0787: "Sad Came Instead."









    New videos: 

    Ace Interview #2: Swankivy Interviews Ruby is up. Ruby is a panromantic ace from the UK who agreed to this interview with me.




    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 10 is up. In this one, Daria and I discuss the Steven Universe episode "Steven's Lion."



    New photos:

    None this week.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,267 for swankivy (lost 3), 674 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 99 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 954 for swankivy (1 new), 1,351 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 298 friends (1 new, accepted a friend request from someone from a good online discussion) and 219 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 634 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 61 likes for Negative One (no change), 159 likes for So You Write (no change), 81 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,483 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 205 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment