- My interview with Chris from Pleasure Mechanics was broadcasted on the Speaking of Sex podcast. I recorded it a while back but it was released on Friday.
to chat by phone with my sister in California, and managed to get my
fall decorations up finally while being entertained by the conversation.
Sounds like my baby nephew is briefly standing on his own these days!
- Spent Sunday almost entirely devoted to editing other people's stuff. Don't seem to be able to get around to editing my own.
- Visited my mom on Tuesday and slept over. We had a really nice dinner that she made and we watched Rat Race on DVD. And then in the morning she made me breakfast. It was so cute. :)
briefly got to talk to Jessie--we almost never get to chat by phone
because of busy schedules on both our ends--but it was nice to touch
base with her.
- Victor, Tia, and Faith came over to
celebrate Victor's birthday. (His birthday was Monday but we did this on
Thursday.) We played a silly board game called Quelf and had a good
time eating Taco Bus food, eating cake, and bothering each other. After
the ladies left, I hung out with Victor and he slept over, and we just
chatted while I did my comics.
- I ate at NY Best Pizza with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and listened to Welcome to Night Vale and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode.
- A detailed look at a asexals and asexually: Five-star review from Kat.
- A must-read!: Five-star review from Chris Rose "PleasureMechanics."
- Pleasure Mechanics: Chris Rose had me on the Speaking of Sex
podcast. It's a nice sensitive interview, about thirty minutes long,
and doesn't focus entirely on the same things everyone asks. I actually
got to talk about community, what lessons we can teach each other, the
diversity in the community, and some nuanced stuff on relationships. You
can also hear it on Stitcher.
- Badass Ladies: I don't really know what this is for, but I'm being suggested as someone to interview on this page. Maybe they'll follow up.
- Finished reading: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Six Degrees of Separation by John Guare.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0492: "Food on a Stick."
|Me with Jay's newly published book!|
|Me looking like a hobbit with my document clip cape.|
|The breakfast my lovely mommy made for me.|
|Tofu taco from Taco Bus!|
|Victor's girlfriend Tia executing a board game challenge.|
|Poem Victor wrote for me as part of the board game.|
|I looked like a Digimon character that night.|
|Victor's robot boots make Transformer noises.|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,942 for swankivy (61 new this week), 389 for JulieSondra (5 new). Twitter followers: 565 for swankivy (2 new), 741 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 149 followers (4 new) for swankivy, 482 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 85 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,595 (6 new).