- Big thing this week was probably my mom's sixtieth birthday! She turned sixty on Friday and I spent part of the week working on her presents. My sisters P and L and I conspired to visit her (with P doing so through Skype, and we even got to see cute little Ash having dinner). I brought her favorite Parmesan biscuits (homemade) and P bought her an Andy Griffith book my friend Sarah suggested and L bought her some of her favorite foods from GrillSmith, and we set up a little booklet of ideas for where we're going to take her on a trip after she heals from surgery (well, surgery she hasn't gotten yet). Hopefully it will be awesome!
- Book is doing pretty well. It's popped up a couple of times on the "health and sexuality" best 100 list, at like 99, haha. Authors don't really have a way of knowing how books are selling, though. You know it if you hit a bestseller list and that's about it.
- Been working with my Pitch Wars mentee and alternate, Megan and Natalka, to brush up their first three chapters. I'm bitter because I did part of Natalka's and then my computer ate the file so I had to do it over and I'm still not done. :(
- I spent the weekend writing a nonfiction piece and sending my short stories out on submission to magazines!
- Finally caught up replying to all my YouTube comments and completing the subtitles on my latest videos. E-mail is next!
- I ate at Burger 21 with Jeaux this week. We went to his house to watch America's Got Talent and the last couple episodes of Legend of Korra. I can't believe the next season starts again in a few weeks!
- DiversiTheme: The Invisible Orientation: DiversifYA let me do a guest post about the importance of seeing oneself in fiction, touching on my experience as an asexual person growing up.
- Non-fiction versus Fiction: The Literary Engineer posted Part One of an interview with me about my experience as an author who writes both fiction and non.
- Sex News: Violet Blue mentioned my book favorably, referring to it as "so informative, warm, compelling and eye-opening that I can't recommend it highly enough." Violet was one of my blurbers. (Explicit sexual references and illustrations on this blog.)
- The Asexuality Blog is doing a giveaway for my book because they have an extra copy.
- I was on the Asexual Agenda's linkspam again with a reference to my DiversifYA guest post.
- megathornberryy talked about college life on YouTube and held a copy of my book up saying it was super awesome.
- A good introduction to asexuality: Marie's Amazon review.
- Thank you, Julie Sondra!: Claudia's review on Amazon.
- A book everyone needs to read: skyking67's review on Amazon.
- Finished Behind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler. ★★★★ (Four-star review)
- Currently reading Divinity by Michelle L. Johnson.
New singing performances:
I am singing "Far From the Home I Love" from Fiddler on the Roof here. I have a problem with trying to get to the end before I cry.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0487: "Sometimes."
None, but you can watch megathornberryy's video that mentions my book:
I didn't really photograph anything this week except for taking weird selfies at work.
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,790 for swankivy (34 new this week), 375 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 541 for swankivy (lost one), 710 for JulieSondra (12 new). Facebook: 270 friends (1 new--an old friend who disappeared re-friended me) and 136 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 398 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 80 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,515 (9 new).