Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30-Week Blog Challenge Week 1: Fifteen Facts About Yourself

I've decided to do an unrelated-to-writing blog challenge! It'll be happening every Monday--though for this first one my first day back at work after the holiday weekend was a substitute Monday. ;) The lady in charge is Marie at Mom Gets Real. The questions are right here:

QUESTIONS

And Week 1's prompt is . . .

A recent picture and 15 facts about yourself!

Photo taken earlier this year for the office!
My facts:
  1. My hair is over two feet long.
  2. I love babies, even though I don't want any kids.
  3. I collect Flower Fairies art by Cicely Mary Barker.
  4. I can type well over 100 words per minute.
  5. I need silence to write. I can't listen to music or deal with noise.
  6. I'm an eldest child, with two younger sisters.
  7. My family considers me the archivist because I document everything, organize it, and remember all the important stuff.
  8. I'm a vegetarian and love animals in theory (and I even give to animal-related charities), but I don't actually like being around animals. I would never have a pet.
  9. I don't have a driver's license. Just a learner's permit. I've had it since I was 15 and I keep renewing it. I ride a bike to work and do my grocery shopping on it and everything.
  10. As a small person under five feet tall, I prefer to shop in the children's section for my clothes.
  11. I LOVE coffee. But I don't like tea. I wish I did.
  12. I've only been out of the United States once. I visited my sister in Japan in 2003.
  13. I have a weird appreciation for inspirational sports movies, even though I don't like watching or playing most actual sports.
  14. I cry easily. Usually over happy things.
  15. I live alone and I really, really hope that never changes.
THAT WAS FUN! See you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to join in! Next week, I'm going to have the challenge as a link party, so it'll be a lot easier!

    Which sports movies do you like? Or, do I need to wait until next week to find out all the details? I'll tell you now that I LOVE Field of Dreams. Not only is it a great story, but it also has a glorious score!

    Looking forward to getting to know you more and as a writer, I am definitely checking out your site for tips! Thanks!

    Marie
    www.momgetsreal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, link party sounds lovely. I am very inexperienced with blog hop type things so I'll be sure to watch for instructions. This is only the second time I've participated in someone's bloggish event. :)

      The inspirational sports movie genre in general is just fun for me. I liked The Sandlot and The Legend of Bagger Vance. I even liked The Mighty Ducks in all its cheesiness. And I'm a huge fan of a sports ANIME, which is a series called Eyeshield 21, about American football. :)

      Delete