- Another week of Steven Universe episodes made the week kinda
weird since I had to go to Jeaux's every day after work to watch it. The
mood of this thing is flipping around so dramatically that it's kinda
messing with me.
- Saturday was really good actually. Most
things went right! I went shopping and found some really cute toys at
GameStop, and had time to shower and pack before Eric came over and
collected me for Drink and Draw. And the night was lovely--got plenty of
drawing done, hung out with Eric and Joy and Christian, talked cartoons
and art, and then spent the night opening my new toys and eating candy.
I felt like it was just a really sweet day.
- Sunday I
did some shopping and almost got caught in the rain--made it home
minutes before the sky opened up. Had a chat with Fred about our
upcoming vacation, talked to my parents, and did some household chores.
- Monday I worked, shopped for groceries, saw the new episode of Steven Universe at Jeaux's house ("Restaurant Wars"), and opened some packages I got at home.
my work had a party for me because it's my ten-year anniversary. Wow! I
got pizza from one of my favorite places and they gave me a nice card,
aww. I saw the new SU episode, "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service,"
at Jeaux's, and Mom came over at my place for a very short time and
didn't stay over. I just got some more vacation prep done.
I had some printing and binding to do at work, and then it was Jeaux
Day. We ate at Marlow's Tavern again (I had a coupon), and my food was
super good. I had chickpea fries and a bowl of pasta. Wow. Then the SU episode was "Monster Reunion" (eek), and we hung out at my house listening to Alice Isn't Dead. Got some drawing done too.
I had some extra time in the morning and spent it on watching some
silly stuff and preparing some vacation stuff. After work I saw the SU
episode "Alone at Sea," which is one of the most disturbing depictions
of a realistic abusive relationship I think I've ever seen in fiction,
much less in a kids' cartoon. Yikes, this show. At home I chatted to
Victor and finished processing my webcomic.
- Friday I tied up some loose ends at work and went to Jeaux's to see the SU episode "Greg the Babysitter." Aw! Then I came home and packed for vacation. That pretty much took up the whole night.
- Nathan gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Tumblr user useduppaper posted a picture of my book with caption "finally got it!" Woohoo!
- Tumblr user kaylamacintyre answers a writing survey question "tell us about a writer you admire" with stuff about me in this blog post.
- The Let's Read About Feminism group is voting on their book club book and my book is a potential selection.
- Finished this week: Nothing this week, but while on vacation I should get some done!
- Currently reading: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.
Here I'm singing "Violently Happy" by Björk.
Did a bunch of calendar drawings to celebrate Summer of Steven episodes. These were each drawn at work as sort of "guesses" about each episode's content focus, so I could use them in my Facebook posts to talk about episodes.
|Day 6: Fryman and Kofi arguing about food.|
|Day 7: Kiki cheering on dream warrior Steven.|
|Day 8: Centipeetle eating Chaaaaps.|
|Day 9: Lapis looking grim.|
|Day 10: Greg holding a baby while Rose looks on.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0585: "Looking For This."
|I'm at Drink and Draw!|
|My cute new figures in their box!|
|My ten-year thank-you card and gift card.|
|My calendar filled up with cartoons.|
|Day 6: Cookie Cat shirt, watching "Restaurant Wars."|
|Day 7: Keep Beach City Weird shirt, watching "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service."|
|Day 8: Secret Team shirt, watching "Monster Reunion."|
|Day 9: Back Together shirt, watching "Alone at Sea."|
|Day 10: Guitar Dad shirt, watching "Greg the Babysitter."|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,353 for swankivy (lost 2), 579 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 810 for swankivy (2 new), 1,272 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 200 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 639 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 124 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,457 (2 new). Instagram followers: 79 (3 new).